Wines of Miro Tcholakov: Trentadue & Miro Cellars
Miro Tcholakov is an American/Bulgarian success story. He studied enology at the Higher Institute of Agriculture in Plovdiv after which he participated in a Future Farmers of America exchange program, which took him to Napa Valley. From there he became assistant winemaker at Dry Creeks Vineyard and in 1998 winemaker at Trentadue. He subsequently established his own winery, Miro Cellars, while continuing to make first class wines for Trentadue, including the superb La Storia reserves. We review the new releases of Trentadue and Miro Cellars below. These excellent wines confirm our earlier reviews of them.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- Bi-monthly, in-depth reports on the major wine regions of the world
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Ability to search the IWR database of over 7 thousand wine reviews
- Our Editor's blog
- Twenty-five past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Recommendations on wine and food pairing
- The IWR monthly newsletter