McIntyre Vineyards: New Releases from
the Santa Lucia Highlands and Arroyo Seco
The last two years we've had the opportunity to visit Steve McIntyre as part of our wine travels preparing reports on the Santa Lucia Highlands and Monterey County. The new releases we review here are mostly from Steve's 80 acre, sustainably farmed estate vineyard, which has some of the oldest Chardonnay and Pinot Noir plantings in the Santa Lucia Highlands. The excellent Merlot is from the Arroyo Seco AVA. The highly regarded enologist Byron Kosuge is winemaker at McIntyre Vineyards. These new releases show well, as always. Of special note is the sparkling wine L'Homme Qui Ris, which was Monterey County's first methode champenoise sparkler.
To continue reading this article, become an International Wine Review subscriber today.
When you subscribe you gain exclusive access to one of the most respected wine publications in the world, and you receive
- Bi-monthly, in-depth reports on the major wine regions of the world
- Weekly wine tasting articles recommending new releases, new vintages, and best buys
- Ability to search the IWR database of over 7 thousand wine reviews
- Our Editor's blog
- Twenty-five past reports on wine regions throughout the world
- Recommendations on wine and food pairing
- The IWR monthly newsletter